IT’S APPLE PICKIN’ TIME!
As Autumn quickly approaches it’s time to head out to the orchards and pick some succulent apples for ourselves. There is no better way to enjoy a fall day with the family and there is nothing better than eating an apple just plucked from the tree.
Here are some orchards open for the pickin’ (a partial list)
Vergers au Coeur de la Pomme
420 Route 237N. Frelighsberg
Vergers et Ciderie Denis Charbonneau
575 Rang de la Montagne, Mont St Gregoire
2495 Perrot Blvd, Notre Dae de L’Ile Perrot
1019 Rte 202, Franklin Centre
Adults should also take in and enjoy some great apple ciders and ice ciders at
La Face Cache de la Pomme in Hemmingford (www.lafacecachee.com)
Apple Crisp Cheesecake Recipe
graham cracker crumbs 1/2 cup
quick cooking oats – 1/4 cup
brown sugar – 4 tsp
butter – 3 tbsp, melted
cream cheese, softened – 2 – 8oz pkgs
packed brown sugar – 1/4 cup
egg – 1, lightly beaten
sour cream – 3 tbsp
ground cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
ground ginger – 1/8 tsp
apple, sliced & peeled – 2/3 cup
all-purpose flour – 3 tbsp
quick cooking oats – 3 tbsp
brown sugar – 3 tbsp
ground cinnamon – 3 tsp
cold butter – 2 tbsp
caramel ice cream topping – personal taste
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, oats and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the sour cream, cinnamon and ginger.
- Pour over crust. Arrange apple slices over filling.
- For topping, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple slices.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, remove sides of pan.
- Caramel topping may be added to taste just prior to serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Original Recipe and image courtesy of www.okcbestcheesecakerecipes.com